Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ins and Outs

Let me explain the top two boxes on the right, labeled "Ins" and "Outs". These are my speculation as to who I think will and will not run for the GOP nomination in 2012. When I update it, I will always tell you in a post, why I am moving someone.

Ins:
Newt Gingrich-Many of his staff members are hinting that this may finally be his year. Also, Robert Novak, typically plugged in, seems to think that Gingrich is running.
Tim Pawlenty- He is non-commital, and after being runner up in the veepstakes, is widely expected to run.
Mike Huckabee-He has a Fox talk show, and is starting a nationwide book tour. Need I say more?
John Thune-He needs to win reelection to the Senate, and then he would be a powerful candidate.

Outs:
Rick Perry-He was considered by many as a candidate, but he told reporters:
"Being the Texas governor is the greatest job in the world and I'm not interested in change," he said. "As a matter of fact, I'm running for re-election in 2010." So, it sounds like he will not be running.

No comments: