Friday, April 8, 2011

Gratefulness and the Lack Thereof

I have been living without air-conditioning. In Texas. With heat in the 90's. Falling asleep sweating and waking up sweating, for almost a month now. But today my apartment finally fixed our air conditioner and got it blowing, which has proven to feel incredible! Nothing builds gratefulness like going without.

However, I got a true picture from my own example on how ungrateful people are, in general. When the air conditioning flipped on, I did not even realize it. I did not even realize that I had stopped sweating. When my roommate came home, he commented on how good it felt, and I went outside to find the notice posted on the bulletin board. Once I came back in, THEN I noticed the difference.

Similarly, how many people go through their lives complaining about how bad things are and never notice how God is slowly working in their life to improve things? Why do we never see the positives in our life that others see? When was the last time we thanked God for what we do have?

Take some time to consider what God has done for you. Be thankful.

No comments: