Saturday, February 19, 2011

The End of an Era


            If you visited my blog today, compared to yesterday, you would have noticed an incredible shift. For starters, my URL eliminated the dash, so it is now "joshuahebert.blogspot.com". But, more noticeable is the new title, tagline, format, and look.

I once was heavily involved in politics and was a good social conservative. However, as I learned about the gospel and that there was an extreme political element in it I realized that what the gospel actually teaches is not what the Republican agenda, and in some places, it is quite different. To that end, I more or less let my blog die, just not feeling right about taking the role of “Republican Blogger in Exile”.

However, I recently started blogging again, and decided that I needed turn the page and to retool my blog to make it a closer reflection of what I want to spend the majority of my time talking about. My main topics will be Ecclesiology and Political Theology, although I imagine I will dabble in other topics as well. I will leave all the old political posts in the archives.

Over the next few weeks, I will continue modifying this site so that it has a little more information, and is more accessible to the visitor. Is it the end of an era for me? Yes. But, it is the beginning of an even brighter era!

No comments: