Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Congratulations President Obama

Well, congratulations are in order to Barack Obama for becoming the 44th President, and the nations first black president. While I think that it was high time for a black person to be elected President, I had wished that it would not be him. However, he won, and that is how the system works. I do hope that the Democrats observed Republicans showing how not to be a sore loser, like they have been for the last 8 years. Unlike Bush's Inaugural that was plagued by frustrated Democrats who wanted to ruin the day for him, protesters were more or less non existent for Obama. Unlike Democrats who made the election drag on for a month, Republicans conceded quickly when the results came in. Maybe Democrats will learn how to be a sport, but I doubt it. I guess the bottom line on that is just that Republicans aren't Democrats. So, congratulations President Obama.

No comments: