Friday, February 8, 2008

To the Government: Get out of my life, and leave me alone!

I have long known that the government is way to involved in my life, such as regulating how much water can come out of my shower. However, I have once again been reminded of how our government has grown too much. I was reminded of this as I was reading Motor Trends, looking at all the "musclecars" and thinking about how I will by one of them in a few years. (You know the kind I'm talking about: Looks like it is going 100 MPH when it is stopped, rumbles so much you would think God is clearing His throat, etc.) And then I read that due to the increased CAFE restrictions, this is likely the last generation of musclecars, which really bothered me. If I want to buy a car that gets 8 MPG, then that is my business, it is my money I will be spending, not the government's. If they want to encourage cars with better fuel economy, then they should cut spending, and give people some tax credits for having a fuel efficient car, not ban the kind of car that I am planning to buy! So I have one sentence for the government: "Get out of my life, and leave me alone!"

1 comment:

Brian Hébert said...

you green hater you! You are the problem, killing the earth with your low MPG cars and massive carbon footprints. next you will be wanting a car that runs on spotted owls.